Who we are:
Whenever we say “us” we mean The Arete Academy and whenever we say “you” then we’re referring to a “user” or “customer” of our members site.
When you register for The Arete Academy, you will receive a structured 15-week program, which will include 3 video lessons per week, 3 workouts per week, the ability to upload your meal diary and the ability to enter your stats at regular intervals throughout the term. You will be able to connect with one of our experts (a “Coach”) to help make adjustments to your program and keep you on track. Your Coach will give you advice based on the information that you provide us.
You agree to pay, and authorise our third party payment processor (Paypal) to charge using your selected payment method and payment plan. All fees are in Great British Pounds and are non-refundable except as required by law. The Arete Academy is not responsible for charges or foreign exchange rates applied by your Credit Card Company and/or financial institution. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to us. We may suspend or terminate the Services if fees are 30 days past due.
The Arete Academy is subject to English law. Any disputes which cannot be resolved in this manner will be referred to the English Courts.
All content provided or otherwise made available by us through the Services and the Site, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, concepts, methods of operation, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials appearing on or emanating to and/or from the Services, as well as their overall design and appearance (the “Content”) is owned and is protected by intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws within and outside of the UK.
To foster a positive and welcoming community for our Services and on the Site,The Arete Academy has established the following rules of use. You agree you will not:
- Permit any other person (other than an agent acting solely on your behalf and subject to your direct supervision) to access the Services or the Site using your account for any purpose;
- Attempt to access another person’s account, including, without limitation, attempts to use another person’s credentials to create an account for our Services or the Site, unless you are acting solely on behalf on another person pursuant to a written agency agreement detailing this permission;
- Create multiple accounts under different names or emails, or re-register an account that was previously terminated byThe Arete Academy
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content through our Services or the Site that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Post, upload, publish, submit, transmit, or communicate, in any manner or forum, content directly to and/or aboutThe Arete Academy employees that: (i) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (ii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm; (iii) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening or perceived to be threatening.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services,The Arete Academy’s name, any of our trademarks, logos or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page on our Site or in the Services, without The Arete Academy ‘s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services and the Site, The Arete Academy ‘s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of The Arete Academy ‘s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any The Arete Academy’s system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by The Arete Academy or any of The Arete Academy ‘s providers or any other third party (including another Client) to protect the Services, Site, or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any Client, host or network, including, without limitation, intentionally posting or transmitting to or through the Services or the Site any file that contains a virus, bug, worm, Trojan horse, disabling device or any other contaminating or destructive feature;
- Attempt to access or search the Services, Site or Content or download Content from the Services or Site through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided byThe Arete Academy or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation through our Services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services, Site, or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilising a The Arete Academy trademark, logo URL or product name without The Arete Academy ‘s express written consent;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services or the Site from other Clients without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
The sender of any communication in or through our Services or the Site shall be solely responsible for the content and information contained therein, including, without limitation, its truthfulness, accuracy and completeness. Although The Arete Academy reserves the rights to monitor, record, edit or remove any content within our Services or the Site,The Arete Academy has no obligation or responsibility to do so. In addition,The Arete Academy shall not be liable or responsible to any Client, Coach or any other person or entity for the performance or non-performance of the monitoring, recording, editing or removal activities mentioned above.
No Professional or Medical Advice; No Doctor-Patient Relationship
OUR COACHES ARE NOT HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS. OUR SERVICES AND THIS SITE DO NOT PROVIDE OR OFFER, AND ARE NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL EVALUATION, ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT (“MEDICAL ADVICE”). The Arete Academy provides the services for informational purposes only. Based on information that you request and/or provide to us,The Arete Academy provides you: (i) access to general health education and information; (ii) nutritional and other fitness advice from our Coaches; and (iii) references to other resources. WhileThe Arete Academy believes that the information provided through our Services and the Site is current and reliable,The Arete Academy cannot and does not make any such guarantee or warranty.
YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT, BEFORE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU WILL CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE AT RISK FOR PROBLEMS ARISING FROM CHANGES IN YOUR DIET OR LIFESTYLE. Our Services are not intended to be used by Minors or individuals with health conditions that makes the kind of changes to diet or lifestyle suggested by our Services unsafe or inappropriate.
Furthermore, The Arete Academy shall have no obligation or responsibility to monitor your health status or health condition or to contact or alert any medical or emergency professional. The Arete Academy shall not be liable to you for your reliance on any information obtained through the use of the Services or this Site, and The Arete Academy disclaims all liability in connection with such information. This disclaimer shall not extend to damages caused directly and solely by The Arete Academy’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Links to Third Party Websites:
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, social media platforms or other resources, but these links and sites do not form part of our Services. We provide these links only as a convenience to you and are not responsible for the content, products or services available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sires.The Arete Academy does not endorse or control any information accessed on or from any third-party website and assumes no responsibility for any material which may be accessed through such links. You acknowledge sole responsibility for, and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources. Please make sure to review the applicable agreements and policies when visiting any third-party websites, including different policies with respect to the use, collection and disclosure of your Personal Information.
Internet Service Provider and Other Charges:
You are responsible for all mobile, cable or other internet service provider charges incurred by you for connecting to the Services or the Site, and The Arete Academy assumes no responsibility or liability for any such charges, including, but not limited to, data charges, long distance charges, per minute (or unit) surcharges, and/or equipment or line costs, incurred by you while accessing the Services or the Site. Any dispute or problem regarding telephone or internet provider services are strictly between you and your service provider. You may receive text messages in connection with your use of our Services or the Site. Standard text messaging and data usage rates may apply. You are responsible for all charges incurred by you for text you receive and The Arete Academy assumes no responsibility or liability for any such charges.
Limitation of Our Liability:
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (Such as for death) we are not legally responsible for any losses. This exclusion shall include, but not limited to:
(a) Losses that:
i were not unforseen to you and us when these were formed or
ii that were not caused by any breach on our part
(b) Business losses and
(c) Losses to non-consumers
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, our Services, or our Site please contact The Arete Academy at email@example.com, or mail us at:
The Arete Academy
333 Bogmoor Road